Geivex Mobility Fellowships Call is now open!
Dear GEIVEX members,
Please see attached the call of our GEIVEX Mobility Fellowships 2020. As you know, the aim is to contribute to the development of high quality research on Extracellular Vesicles by members of our non-profit organization. These fellowships provide funding to promote exchange visits between laboratories, to strengthen EV-driven research and to allow scientists to experience working in different institutions for collaboration, technique exchange or for instrument and/or methodology sharing among institutions/laboratories. They are particularly intended for the benefit of Early career researchers. In the 2020 call, we will fund up to four fellowships with a maximum of 1250 € each. Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org before January 30th indicating in the subject “GEIVEX mobility fellowship” and the name of the applicant. The results of the call will be communicated to the awardees no later than February 28th 2020, and published on our webpage. GEIVEX Mobility fellowships will cover travel and accommodation expenses of exchanges between a GEIVEX-associated researcher and a GEIVEX-associated laboratory.
Fellowship applications should comply with the following conditions:
- Activities eligible for funding: travelling and lodging expenses only. These must be incurred during a stay of a GEIVEX researcher in a GEIVEX host laboratory for a minimum of 2 weeks and a maximum of three months. Under no circumstances will the GEIVEX Mobility Fellowship cover expenses beyond the maximum amount of 1250€. GEIVEX Mobility Fellowships are not intended to finance expenses associated with attendance to scientific conferences or workshops.
- Requirements: Both the recipient of the fellowship and the Principal Investigator of the host laboratory should be GEIVEX members in good standing, i.e. having paid the 2019 membership fee.
- Documents to be provided (in English):
- Completed application form
- CV including list of publications of the last 5 years of both the applicant and the Principal Investigator of the host laboratory
- Motivation letter (max. 1 page)
- Project outline (max. 1 page)
- Experimental work plan (max. 1 page)
- An estimated budget.
- Letter of confirmation/acceptance and recommendation from the host laboratory that includes the title of the project proposed.
All applications should be sent as a single pdf file with the format ApplicantName_GEIVEX mobility 2020 to email@example.com. Incomplete applications will not be evaluated. An email confirming receipt will be sent to applicants.
- Evaluation Criteria:
Applications will be evaluated by the following scientific panel:
Dr. Hernando del Portillo (GEIVEX board member, Madrid, Spain)
Dr. Juan M. Falcon (GEIVEX board member, Madrid, Spain)
Dr. Mar Valés-Gómez (GEIVEX Secretary, Madrid, Spain)
Dr Carla Oliveira (IPATUMUP, Porto, Portugal)
Dr. Helena Vasconcelos (GEIVEX board member, Porto, Portugal)
Dr David Otaegui (GEIVEX board member, San Sebastián, Spain)
Dr. Matilde Bustos (GEIVEX board member, Seville, Spain)
on the basis of scientific quality and interest for EV field.
– Early career researchers will be prioritized, as well as applicants with longer GEIVEX membership.
– The Evaluation Committee will inform the GEIVEX board of the number of fellowships and the funding awarded to each one, up to a maximum of 1250€, as allowed by the association budget.
– The resolution of the Evaluation Committee is final and will be published on the GEIVEX webpage. The title of the funded project will be also published on the webpage, however, the objectives will not be disclosed until the stay has concluded. The Evaluation Committee will not enter into correspondence with the applicants.
- Fellowship payment
The recipients of a fellowship will provide GEIVEX a bank account number for transfer of the granted fellowship. 500€ will be transferred to the researcher bank account before initiating the stay. Once the visit has ended and after inspection of the appropriate invoices by GEIVEX, the Fellow will receive the remainder justified amount of the fellowship.
- Fellow responsibilities.
Once the GEIVEX-funded mobility stay has concluded, the Fellow should provide GEIVEX with:
- All invoices that substantiate his/her expenses. If the expenses indicated in the invoices provided are less than the amount awarded, the Fellow should refund the difference to GEIVEX. If expenses are not justified correctly, the fellowship should be refunded to GEIVEX.
- A brief report describing the activities carried out as well as the benefits to his/her scientific development. This report could be published by GEIVEX.
- GEIVEX Mobility Fellowship should be acknowledged in any publication or abstract that includes the data obtained during the stay.
- Fellows could be requested to give a short talk at the next GEIVEX Annual Meeting