The Clinical Neuroimmunology Group (https://www.cem-cat.org/) at Vall d’Hebron Research Institute in Barcelona offeres a vacant position for a Postdoctoral Researcher. The position is intended to carry out a project related with the potential of astrocyte-derived extracellular vesicles as prognostic biomarkers in patients with multiple sclerosis.
Education and qualifications (required)
- – PhD degree in the field of biomedical research and additional post-doctoral training in neurobiology and/or stem cells.
- – Effective written and oral communication skills in English.
- – Ability to conduct independent research.
Experience and knowledge (required)
- – Strong background in neurobiology.
- – Proven experience with stem cell cultures, preferably human induced pluripotent stem cells and their differentiation to glial cells.
- – Proven experience with extracellular vesicles.
Main responsabilities and duties
- – Differentiation of induced pluripotent stem cells from patients with multiple sclerosis into astrocytes.
- – Isolation and characterization of astrocyte-derived extracellular vesicles and their RNA content.
- – Full-time position (40h/week)
- – Starting date: March 2023
- – Length of the contract: 1 year
- – Gross annual salary: 31,000 euros
- – Program: Multiple Sclerosis – Myelin
To apply you should submit a full Curriculum Vitae and a cover letter to the following email addresses: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org