The purpose of the MOVE European Mobility Fellowship is to foster collaboration between the members of different European EV Societies and Networks. The Fellowship will enable Early Career Researchers (the applicants) to travel to another lab in Europe (the hosts) to develop both their technical skills and enlarge their own professional networks.
The Fellowship is intended for technicians, PhD students and early-stage postdoctoral researchers (≤ five years, excluding career breaks). As a prerequisite, applicants will need to be members of GEIVEX and the head of the hosting lab will be a current member of the National EV Society or Network of the host country.
GEIVEX will award three Fellowships in this round for ESR from Spanish groups to go abroad. ESRs from other countries willing to do a stay in a Spanish group will have to apply to the paralell MOVE calls in each country (see contact info for each society below). GEIVEX applications will close on May 7th 2022.
The Fellowship will cover travel and subsistence (but not bench fees) to a maximum value of 2000€, to work in a host lab at an academic institution in a different European country for a time period between one and three months.
It is anticipated that successful applicants will be informed within one month of the closing date and will be able to plan their travel immediately after that. The Fellowship funds will be paid by BACS into the recipients’ bank account on production of a completed expenses form together with suitable receipts for travel and subsistence, at the end of the placement. Successful applicants will be expected to write a short summary of the work they carried out and record a short video detailing how the fellowship benefited them, which will be published on GEIVEX’ webpage and may be used for publicity purposes on GEIVEX’ social media and other means.
1. Discuss with your supervisor whether this fits with your role and share the list of potential host labs. You can find a list of the already adhered labs in this link
This is not a closed list, so if you plan to move to an european lab that is not listed, please contact us so we can check their elegibility.
2. Contact the Host lab and discuss the potential, have a CV ready!
3. Apply to GEIVEX (firstname.lastname@example.org) by sending in a single PDF file the following doccuments:
- Completed application form (see below)
- CV including list of publications of the last 5 years of both the applicant and the Principal Investigator of the host laboratory
- Motivation letter (max. 1 page)
- Project outline (max. 1 page)
- Experimental work plan (max. 1 page)
- An estimated budget.
- Letter of confirmation/acceptance and recommendation from the host laboratory that includes the title of the project proposed.
Applications will be evaluated by the following scientific panel:
Dr. Juan M. Falcon (CIC Biogune, Derio, Spain)
Dr. María Pardo Pérez Valés-Gómez (Instituto de Investigación Sanitaria de Santiago de Compostela, Santiago de Compostela, Spain)
Dr David Otaegui (Biodonostia Health Research Institute, San Sebastián, Spain)
Dr. Javier Sotillo (Centro Nacional de Microbiología, Madrid, Spain)
Dr. Gloria Alvarez-Llamas (IIS-Fundación Jiménez Díaz, Madrid, Spain)
Dr Lydia Alverez-Erviti (Center for Biomedical Research of La Rioja, Logroño, Spain)
on the basis of scientific quality and interest for EV field.
Once the GEIVEX-funded mobility stay has concluded, the Fellow should provide GEIVEX with:
- All invoices that substantiate his/her expenses. If the expenses indicated in the invoices provided are less than the amount awarded, the Fellow should refund the difference to GEIVEX. If expenses are not justified correctly, the fellowship should be refunded to GEIVEX.
- A brief report describing the activities carried out as well as a short video detailing the benefits to his/her scientific development. These reports could be published by GEIVEX.
- GEIVEX Mobility Fellowship should be acknowledged in any publication or abstract that includes the data obtained during the stay.
- Fellows could be requested to give a short talk at the next GEIVEX Annual Meeting
For the list of confirmed Societies offering fellowships and hosting labs:
ASEV (Austria), contact: wolfgang.holnthoner[at]trauma.lbg.ac.at
BESEV (Belgium), contact: info[at]besev.be
NLSEV (Netherlands), contact: info[at]nlsev.nl
Contacts for other societies with hosting labs:
FISEV (Finland), contact: info.fisev[at]gmail.com
FSEV (France), contact: admin[at]fsev.fr
HSEV (Hungary), contact: buzas.edit[at]med.semmelweis-univ.hu
Nor-EV (Norway), contact: a.l.martinez[at]ous-research.no
PNEV (Portugal), contact: ptnetev[at]gmail.com
SiNEV (Slovenia), contact: sin-ev[at]mf.uni-lj.si
SrbEV (Serbia), contact: maja9120[at]gmail.com
Swedish EV Network